Wednesday, March 10, 2010

All Things Cintucky and Making Fun of Big Ben

Lots going on in the world of Cintucky these days. Lets take a look:

Most importantly, today is the 27th birthday of Cintucky favorite Carrie Underwood. Happy Birthday Carrie!
March Madness is gearing up and the local Cintucky teams are already squaring off against each other. UC and UL are playing as I type this with UL having an early 9-5 lead. As expected, Edgar Sosa has made 1 shot and thinks he is the biggest badass that the game of basketball has ever seen. I hope Kyle Kuric punches him in the face. Actually, I hope Jerry Smith hurt his hand from punching Sosa in the face.

At this point UL is a lock to make the tournament but they will be fighting hard to improve their seed. UC on the other hand finally won it's first game in March under head coach Mick Cronin yesterday by beating Rutgers. Last I heard, thugs out of NYC do not like playing for someone who looks like he should have a career creating computer programming codes.
Oh what's that Mick? You're coming after me? I'm shaking in my boots...

But hey UC athletic director Mike Thomas must be scared of firing Mick because he proclaimed he will be back next year.

The Dayton Flyers finally managed to win an A-10 game knocking off George Washington yesterday. They will battle I-75 rival Xavier Friday @ 6:30 in Atlantic City. I'm sure Xavier will be seeking revenge after an embarrassing 25 point loss to Dayton Feb 6th. Since that time the two teams have been on diverging paths. Xavier has not lost and UD has gone 4-5 to find themselves on the outside looking in for The Big Dance.

Xavier coach Chris Mack told 1530am host Mo Egger today he expects the Muskies to get seeded somewhere between the 4-6 seed depending on their performance in the A-10 tournament and how other teams in that range perform in their tournament. Right now, ESPN Bracketologist (it's science) Joe Lunardi has Xavier as a 6 seed and UD being the 5th team out (I personally think he's crazy for saying Dayton is still that close). Dayton needs to basically win the A10 tourny to make it. Maybe an OT loss in the championship game and they still get in.

Selection Sunday is coming up this Sunday. There is a lot to be determined before that time. We've offered predicted seeds for our Cintucky teams in the past. However, it looks like only 3 out of 5 will make it. Right now I'd predict UK as 1 seed obviously, UL as 7 seed, and XU as 6 seed.

Lets Talk Football

Switching sports, the Bengals made a move today in an attempt to shore up the wide receiver situation by signing free agent (from the Bucs) Antonio Bryant to a 4 year $28 million deal. This deal is basically identical in length and amount to the Laveranues Coles deal. However they have not released the details of the contract (whether it's front loaded or back loaded or even), I'm hoping the Bengals learned their lesson from the Coles deal and did not front load it in case the same thing happens with Bryant that happened with Coles. As a side note @Coles: shut the f*ck up. Marvin praised your senior leadership all season and said your professionalism was unparalleled. And now after getting cut for MASSIVELY under-performing to a contract you should have made half the amount, you continue to run your mouth. Latest comment: "I didn't have a great year if you just look at my stats, but I think in the situation I was in, I did a pretty good job." YES BECAUSE YOU WEREN'T ON A TEAM THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY JUST BEGGING SOMEONE TO FILL THE VOID AT SECOND, THIRD, & FOURTH RECEIVER. brilliant.

Ok anyways, back to Antonio Bryant. I have more hope for Bryant that I did for Coles. I honestly was surprised that Coles played all of last year, I assumed he would get hurt early and not make it back, so I guess he kind of did exceed expectations in my eyes. I just never would have paid 7 million for him in the first place. Ok seriously back to Bryant. Antonio turned 29 yesterday actually and is 2 years removed from an outstanding year (83 catches, 1248 yards, 7 TD, 15.0 ypc) with the Buccaneers. However the Bucs decided to cut the QB from 2008, Jeff Gaycia-excuse me Garcia- and went with the Cleveland Brown approach of QB carousel. Bryant wasn't too happy with this and many of the concerns about his character or team playerness stem from this. Bryant should be able to stretch the field for the Bengals and take some heat off Chad. The only thing that concerns me about this is that Bryant missed time last year with a torn knee meniscus and had some post-surgery complications and swelling. I hope the fact that the Buccaneers did not make an attempt to resign him does not mean they know something about his knee. And we all know the Bengals training staff and doctors handle injuries so well. Can you really see Mike Brown doing his due diligence on this? I doubt Mikey boy even knows about his knee injury.

Terrell "The Plague" Owens was in town today visiting the team, however with the Bryant signing it would seem unlikely that Owens will end up joining The Ocho in stripes.
Breaking Update (true story also): I just got off the phone with one of my rather brash contacts (coworkers) who just flew out to LA for vacation. He called when he got there because T.O. was on his flight out there. When they got off the plane (since TO was obviously in first class), my coworker (not knowing of the Bryant signing) asked T.O. if he was going to be a Bengal next year. He said T.O. responded pretty angrily, "no it doesn't look like it now." My coworker continued, "Oh so who are you gonna end up playing for next year then?" T.O. replied again irritated, "I don't know man, I don't know." My coworker then told me he asked T.O. of a picture with him and when T.O. said no and turned to walk away, he snapped a picture of him anyways. Now this is a fantastic event since the downheartedness of T.O. probably means that there are no other teams expressing interest in him. Nothing would make me happier than T.O. being out of a job. Although that would probably mean I would see him nightly on MTV which I am NOT ok with. (See my sign-off for a situation where that WOULD be ok).

Now onto the most important subject. Ben "If I'm so Big then why do I need to assault women to get any?" Roethlisberger has been accused AGAIN of sexually assaulting a female. This time down in a Georgia nightclub, a 20 year old college student says Ben sexually assaulted her in the VIP area. Where there is smoke there is usually fire. Where there is double smoke, there is most certainly fire. I've been saying that Big Ben is a Big Douche for years. I had a friend that went to Miami U when Big Ben was there and he said Ben would walk into bars and proclaim, "GOD IS HERE!" Sounds like a wonderfully humble individual huh? I can only hope they gather enough evidence in this case to press chargers, which lead to him being suspended from the NFL and thrown in jail, which leads to him being sexually assaulted by his jail cellmate Bubba.



Alright that's all I got for tonight. Enjoy the conference tournaments this weekend everyone, we are getting close to the craziness of March!

Greg "heres an idea for an MTV show: Put Big Ben and T.O. on an island with Sarah Palin and see who will come out alive. When the last person is declared winner, blowup the island." R.

No comments:

Post a Comment