Monday, February 8, 2010

Congrats to the Saints..

... on your very first SuperBowl!!!

Brees played like the balla he is completing 32 of 39 passes for 288 yards and 2 TD's, winning SuperBowl MVP. Manning choked in the clutch which despite his past, surprised everyone. He is now 9-9 in playoff games. The incredible part is that during the game the "If Manning wins this one is he the best ever?" conversation came up and almost everyone agreed he would be. Call it getting caught in the moment, the hype or whatever, but even the talking heads were crowning him before the game. Then before you could pick up your jaw, the best haircut in SuperBowl history had a game clinching pick-6. Now Brees will be dubbed the best QB in the game today, people will wonder if Manning has lost it, Caldwell's coaching will be questioned, and Sean Payton will be named head coach of the world. All from one errant pass. Personally.. I'd still take Manning.

A few other notes from the most watched three hours of the year....

As predicted the special teams, defense, and coaching were all advantages for the Saints. The onside kick was risky but since it paid off we can call it gutsy and courageous instead of ridiculously stupid. The 52 yard field goal attempt by Indy was unexplainable. That had about a 1 in 5 shot of going in and allowed the Saints to take over with great field position. Sure enough a NO TD followed.

The Who are old. Those songs sound much better on my Ipod. Yes, I have the Who on my IPod.. shut it.

I would personally like to thank my roommate Volz for screwing up our internet before kickoff. As I watched Peyton throw the game away, a sigh of relief came over me knowing that I was unable to pick the Colts to cover. I was however fairly upset that I didn't get the chance to take the under on the number of Kim Kardashian shots. Its a win/win either way.

Speaking of ridiculously gorgeous women overshadowing the NFL's biggest night. How perfect was Cintucky favorite Carrie Underwood belting the National Anthem? Lets put it this way.. as much as Queen Latifa sucked singing God Bless America.. thats how awesome Carrie was. And thats a whole lot of suck. The white pants were an obvious plus as well.

My thoughts on the commercials: The Doritos' commercials were pretty amusing. Tim Tebow is still a tool. I want to live in the Bud Light house.

So what now? Well college basketball is still heating up with a lot of our teams currently sitting on the bubble,and every game counting more than the previous one. The NFL Draft is only a couple months away. Spring training is just around the corner as well, and if you think the Bengals get under the Cintucky skin.. wait for Reds season.

Brian "I already miss the pain of the NFL" Reinhart

1 comment: