Sunday, December 20, 2009

State of the Bengals; What Comes Next?


If I feel this down after the Bengals game, I can't imagine how the players must feel. Reinhart's already given you the details of the game, so there's no need for me to talk about the failures of the team this week. There's no need for me to talk about how Leon Hall got beat like a little f*cking red headed school girl all day long. There's no need for me to talk about how I've never witnessed a more embarrassing moment as a Bengals fan (even over drafting Akili Smith, or David Klingler, or having half the team arrested in the same year, or not having won a playoff game in 19 years, or losing 3 straight games in 2006 to miss the playoffs, or after sitting at 1-11-1 through 13 games last year, or knowing Mike Brown will be the owner of the Bengals until the day his will passes it on to his moron "I took persuasive speaking class in college so I know how to negotiate player's contracts" daughter, or I don't think this post has enough characters to continue the list) than when the Bengals, needing to respond after a Chargers TD, let the crowd get to them, committing a false start, and 2 delay of game penalties and then choosing to call a timeout on 1st and 25 from their own 5 yard line. Like they thought they could pick up those 25 yards. And then to top it off Palmer and Benson aren't on the same page and miss the handoff. I can honestly say sitting on my couch, I was beat red hoping that no one would see the Bengals shirt I had on. Just embarrassing. There's also no need for me to elaborate on Reinhart's suspicion that Benson is a f*cking pouting little v*gina who was cut from the Bears for good godd*am reason. Obviously he's pissed off that LJ is even dressed, why do you think he punched one of the Chargers players in the face and luckily got away with it? Why do you think he ran like a la'poose all game? The play on 2nd down where he went out of bounds a yard short of the first down, inexcusable. Don't want a guy like that on my team. End of story. I say cut him now, play LJ for the rest of the year, draft a RB who you can develop under LJ and take over in 2011. There's also no need for me to talk about: good god look what happens when you f*cking pass the ball Bratkowski: You score points. Unreal. There's also no need for me to talk about how playoff teams don't commit at least 8 penalties in a game for 5 weeks straight. There's also no need for me to talk about what a little f*cking piece of shit Phillip Rivers is. YOU THROW LIKE A GIRL!!!!! wow that guy makes you just want to jump through the screen and punch him straight in the face. He would probably just go cry to the referees though. Nor is there a need for me to talk about how much Nate Kaeding looks like Spencer Pratt (seriously anybody else notice that???). *

*For the record, my anger in the above comments comes from the fact that I just had to listen to probably the biggest moron that's ever walked the earth Phil Simms for the entire game. I have no worries about him reading my comments towards him because I have no doubt that he has zero ability to read. He's worse at his job than Matt Millen was.

OK, now that I've accidentally gone and discussed the game, back to the mental state of the team.

I'm hoping the Bengals didn't turn on the Steelers-Packers game to watch the Steelers pull some sh*t out of their a$$es. Just ruined my day even more. I don't really know how the Bengals can respond to this game. I can seem them just leaving their hearts on the field in San Diego for the rest of the year. The team hast to be completely emotionally drained at this point in the year. Whether it be the "cardiac cats" days earlier in the year against the division foes that had to be draining, or the death of Mike Zimmer's wife, or the death of Chris Henry, this team can't have much fuel left in the tank. Winning this game, clinching and ultimately getting a bye would've allowed the team a week off to recharge. Now, they have to really bring it next week against a Chiefs team that is not as bad as everyone thinks. And if they can't clinch the division next week, then they are forced to travel to play the final game in The Meadowlands in what is sure to be a fired up Jets team. At this point, the Ravens seem poised to run the table and finish 10-6. Could the Bengals top their 2006 team and lose the final 4 games to miss the playoffs? At this point, the Bengals just need to make sure they take their hearts back from San Diego.


-Greg "Phil Simms and Phillip Rivers jumped over Bob Bratkowski on my list of people I hate" Richter

No comments:

Post a Comment