Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ryan An Idiot/Waffle, Bengals Fired up

It was less than 3 weeks ago that Rex Ryan said his Jets were, "obviously out of the playoffs." Yesterday Rex Ryan made stupid comment number 10753749.5 on the year and announced, "I think we should be favorites. I mean the whole tournament, I think we have the best defense. I know we do. I know we have the best rushing attack. Those are two huge factors in our favor. I want this football team. If I had the choice to coach any team in this tournament, I would choose this one.” My, my my how the tune has changed Mr. Ryan. If I had a picture of a waffle, I would add it to our Rex Ryan photo gallery below for being a waffler. But only if it was marinated in syrup, topped with fried chicken, and loaded with sour cream.

Luckily, Ryan's comments are EXACTLY what the Bengals needed. Following Sunday's embarrassing loss to the Jets, the Bengals acted like they were confident things would be different this Saturday, but I think they were struggling to convince themselves of that and to find the motivation. Enter Rex Ryan. After hearing Ryan's proclamation about his magnificent Jets, Bengals safety Chris Crocker responded, “I don’t give a rat’s ass what he says. Honestly, it doesn’t matter. One thing I will say is that they definitely have our attention. We do respect them, but we have a lot to prove this game. We don’t care what he says though.” Left Tackle Andrew Whitworth continued, “To think that they’re that confident … yeah, that’s definitely insulting. You would think that a team would you respect you before you play and not assume that they’re better than you.”

Folks, I couldn't be more excited. Not just because us writers at Cintucky Zone just landed row 9 seats at the game Saturday, but because these latest revelations give me hope that the Bengals will be fired up enough to win!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, Rex Ryan: yummmmmmm









WHO DEY!!!



-Greg "won't be able to talk for a week after Saturday Richter"

1 comment:

  1. Hi guys,
    Random thoughts on sporting stuff.
    #1 The SEC has once again shown thw rest of the country how to play football. Our top 2 programs defeated 2 previously undefeated conference champions , even though The Big East is way over rated. Their big 3 Pitt, UC and West Virginia could only muster a lousy win over NC. WVU lost to a 6-6 very mediocre FSU team and we all know the great undefeated Bearkittens showed their true stripes or whatever color a Bearcat is.

    I have to give a big shout out to Marvin Lewis and co. While I'm still not convinced they can win this thing it has been a great year to be a Bengal fan. I was actually at the last playoff game victory against Houston. I never thought it would take this long to get back to being division SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP champions though.

    Hey UC fans. Why are you not showing up to watch the basketball team. 10k for UConn is embarassing. Cronin is a class act with a pretty good team. Stephenson is an exciting scorer. Vaughn is playing well. Gates is a load. You really should be supporting these guys. Maybe now that your football season has come to an embarassing close you can give a little love to the boys on the hardwood. (I will root for them when they play L-Ville)
    XU got a nice and very much needed road win last night at LaSalle. Was that LaSalle high school or a real college? Just kidding , conference road wins are tough to get anywhere.
    Looks like Holmes , Boone , and Newport in the 9th region. No one else seems to have enough talent to challenge. Covcath could be dangerous by the end of the year if they stay healthy. (Best coach in region)
    Commissioner Stearn needs to grow a set and toss Arenus and Crittenden out.(If they both had guns) Man I wish Cincy had an NBA team.

    Looks like coach Schneider is considering another year on the sidelines at Newcath. I hope for his sake that his health holds up. He is a class act though I despise everything else about NC.
    Oh well that's about it.
    Go CATS , Go Bengals , Go to h$ll UofL and Benedict, Loverboy Pitino.
    Sincerely,
    CBDR

    ReplyDelete